Starting School |
School Day |
Class Organisation |
We have lots of information on this website for new starters. Use the links above to find out what you need to know about your child’s start at Longnor School.
There are a few things which you can do to help your child settle into school quickly.
A few suggestions include:
- Encouraging your child to dress and undress unaided.
- Helping your child to be able to tie shoelaces.
- Being able to use the toilet independently.
- Being able to sit and listen to a story.
- Encouraging your child to talk and ask questions.
- Being familiar with books and how to use and take care of them.
- Establishing a left to right routine when reading.
- Being able to count using everyday objects.
You can find out more about aspects of our school by using the links below.